Kids will be thinking and building like engineers as they turn recyclables into machines that move.
Gears Set transforms a macaroni and cheese box into a racecar; then build a gear-driven cable car, a 3-wheeler and a motorcycle. For each build you’re given Engineering Challenges; experiment with friction, torque and propulsion as you engineer your solutions. Once you’ve mastered all four builds, get creative and design something that's all your own! Includes building pieces, an instruction booklet and a ring of 10 cards with engineering challenges and tips. Kit contains:
• Spool, large gear, medium gear
• Two long connectors, three medium connectors
• Two large wheels, two medium wheels, two small wheels
• Three 5.5-inch rods, three 1.5-inch rods
• 13 hub caps, hole punch, three rubber bands
• 10 Engineering Challenges