Colour Box 2
22 tablets; a pair of each of the primary colors, the secondary colors (green, orange, purple), and also pink, brown, black, white, and grey.
Take the red, yellow, blue, green, orange, and purple tablets (with their matching pair) out of the box with both hands and making it evident that you are aware of not touching the color part.
Place each tablet randomly on the table next to the box.
- Pick up the box and place it behind the lid and then pick up the lid and replace in onto the box.
- Pick up one of the red tablets using your right thumb and index finger and holding the "frame" part of the tablet.
- Place it near the top of the table and isolated from the other tablets.
- Then ask the child to place the one that looks just like it next to it.
- Have the child choose the next color and place it directly under the first red tablet. Then you find its match.
- Have the child choose a color and then match it until all of the colors have been matched. (Show the child where to place the tablets in a new column once the first column is done.)
- Have the child close his eyes and tell him you are going to mix them up.
- Mix the tablets and place them all to the left of the box.
- Have the child match just as you had done in the presentation.
- Take out the other colors and place them randomly on the table to the left of the box.
- Have the child match these colors as well.
- When the child is finished working, have him replace the tablets back into the box, as he had done with Box 1, and then replace the box back onto the shelf.